Clean and Accountable Campaign Pledge
I, E.J. "Ed" Pole II, Libertarian candidate for Secretary of State, pledge to continue to engage in a clean and accountable campaign. Specifically, I will continue to do the following:
- I encourage ALL independent expenditure campaigns (positive or negative) conducted by an organization, business, PAC or individual on my behalf or that of my opponents. I refuse to censor my supporters and call for my opponents not to censor theirs. I am accountable for what I say. My supporters are accountable for themselves.
- If an independent expenditure campaign is done on my behalf, I will immediately publicly request that the organization, business, PAC or individual continues their activities at the highest level they can afford.
- All advertising including print, television, radio, or direct mail will be paid for by whomever is responsible for their content.
- All advertising including print, television, radio, or direct mail produced by the Committee to Elect Ed Pole has and will continue to clearly state that it was paid for by the committee.
- I will continue to address real issues not fake ones like independent expenditures, contributorís identity, and amounts of contributions and expenditures.
Edwin J. Pole, II
October 8, 2000