EDWIN J. POLE II
5014 70th Way SE
Lacey, WA 98513
OBJECTIVE AND SUMMARY
Degreed Electronics Engineer ready to solve your problems. Proven team
leader. Experienced customer technical liaison with strong presentation skills.
Extensive experience in product development including design, test, release to
manufacturing, and cost reduction.
- DC-DC regulator design and modeling.
- Intel Architecture platform hardware architecture, especially mobile
- Engineering tools including HSPice, OrCAD Capture, Cadence SigXP,
Mentor Design Architect, and Mentor Modelsim, Synopsis.
- Digital logic design and test bench development using VHDL.
- Telephony, touch screen, bar code, battery, CDROM, infrared communication,
and sensor interface technologies.
- Product definition, development and management including definition and
tracking of schedules, costs and resources.
- Technical documentation - Specifications, service instructions, manuals.
- Safety design including laser systems.
- Release to production and Design for Manufacture.
- Member of industry group defining Serial ATA interface. Editor, SATA
Slimline connector specification.
- A principal contributor to architecture of Intel Speedstep Technology
including nine patents granted.
- Lead engineer designing first Intel Mobile Modules based on mobile Intel
Pentium Processors. Product reduced time to implementation of new Intel
processor technology in laptop systems. Card design addressed signal
quality, cost, manufacturing, and reliability issues.
- Technical lead of development team of IBM holographic bar code scanner.
Reduced host PC requirements by four times. Released to manufacturing.
Obtained laser safety approvals.
- Member of IBM task force to define requirements for Personal Computer.
- Technical lead of development team for electronic controls for first
commercial IBM robot system. Reduced control system costs by 50%. Released
to international trade.
- Designer of IBM Series/1 Digital and Analog Output feature cards and a
natively attached Integrated DI/DO card. Use of design and simulation tools
reduced development time and cost by 50%.
- Product test engineer responsible for developing and conducting test
regime to verify product specifications. Products tested ranged from
electronic cards to computer systems.
- Product engineer responsible for integrated circuit manufacturing and test
process from bare silicon to final electrical test.
- Member of Apollo 11 launch team.
Back to Home Page.